There are no emergencies at this time
There will be a test of the emergency siren system at 12pm on May 12.
To receive emergency text alerts, sign up now.
Below is an example of a MOCK EMERGENCY NOTICE
AUGUST 10, 2016 1:20PM: WILDFIRE East OF SUNRIVER
EMERGENCY SIRENS HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED DUE TO APPROACHING WILDFIRE.
LEVEL 3 EVACUATION FOR ALL OF SUNRIVER.
Things are moving very quickly, we will continue to update as information is provided by emergency services.
• Level 3 evacuation GO NOW notification for all of Sunriver.
• Follow evacuation signage and exit South Century Drive AND Spring River Road emergency gate ONLY at this time. DO NOT USE Cottonwood Road. It is closed due to fire.
• Cell tower on Cottonwood has been damaged by fire. Please limit cell use unless it's an emergency
• Active spot fires within Sunriver's west end along Ponderosa Road areas.
• 2:17 Fully involved structure fires on Stag and Red Fir Lanes
EVACUATION ROUTE: Exit Sunriver via South Century Drive and Meadow Road emergency exit ONLY until further notice .
How to Stay informed
KEEP 911 LINES OPEN. DO NOT CALL 911 UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY
If you have questions, continue to monitor this website for details.
Check Facebook/Twitter: Sunriver Police, Sunriver Fire, Deschutes County Sheriff's Office, Sunriver Owners Association (links on Resource page)
Watch for emails from other potential sources: Sunriver Owners Association, Sunriver Chamber of Commerce, property management companies, Sunriver Resort, etc.
Phone lines can become overloaded during an emergency. Help keep lines clear by
texting or use online messaging to stay in contact with family and friends.